Tuesday, February 26, 2013

White Night


Leave it to the red carpet to bring trends to the forefront. As of Sunday night, white is the new black. And I love it. 


Kenton Magazine
It led me to think of my old apartment in Uptown. I moved in with the intention of painting the walls, but never really got around to it. And the white really grew on me. 10 years ago - while I’m pained to admit this - I probably would have considered painting one of the rooms red. Goes to show how our tastes change and evolve, does it not? Thank God.

Today, the one thing that I like more than color is the absence of it. Just a pop of color against an all white background really goes a long way. Black, fuscia, kelly green.... speak to me!


dark wood + white // apartment therapy

apartment therapy

all neutral // apartment therapy

white floors // apartment therapy

texture! // via

traditional dining room // met home

crystal chandelier // apartment therapy

dark floors add nice contrast // met home
gloss and mirrored furniture // pinterest

But who knew there were so many shades of white?! Benjamin Moore makes more than 150 shades of the darn color. Or is it a color? We’ll save that for another Oprah show post.

No comments:

Post a Comment