Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rugs in Kitchen: Pretty or Practical?

I want to put a rug in our kitchen to liven it up a little and add some color. However, as much as I enjoy cooking, I'm known to be messy... and clumsy (not graceful). All the rugs I like are NOT cheap. Let me repeat: not cheap. Makes me think twice (well, three times) before spending that kind of money because I WILL drop the entire jar of spaghetti sauce in the middle of the rug on the third day I own it. Problem. But I really like the idea of having a rug in the kitchen. D-lemma!

Elle Decor
The runner idea is growing on me. A lot. But would they work in an open kitchen with no island? I'm beginning to think an indoor/outdoor rug would be the way to go. Practical is good. Have I convinced you yet? Me neither.

Elle Decor

 (Sigh.)

Traditional Home
It goes without saying that a flat rug is needed in this room. I already trip over my dog who loves to lay in the middle of the tile floor. No need to create more hazards.

High Gloss

I think my first choice would be an oushak or kilim rug. Naturally. Talk about pretty! But I like to enjoy wine while I'm cooking. Hmmmmm.


unknown
wood floors + white cabinets = heart

Lonny
Does anyone actually COOK in this kitchen!?  I would be terrified. Me and all the professional rug cleaners in the city would be on a first name basis. Seriously people.

Are you brave enough to put a rug in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment