Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trends of the 2013 Golden Globes

I can't resist posting about awards shows. Especially because the recent Golden Globes was the most watched since 2007 when Dreamgirls won big. Tina and Amy killed it. Why didn't someone think of this earlier? I mean, just look at these two!

via
There were several #winning looks in my book when it came to the FASHION. And since color trends from the runways and red carpets have a way of making their way into home decorating style, here are my favorite inspirations from the night as I continue to tackle my own home (photos coming, I promise)...


 Tom Ford can do no wrong. Bravo, Julianne! And did you know that she's 52!?!?

via
Black and white never goes out of style. Crisp, clean and timeless in nature. Don't be afraid!


Shades of red and coral were all the rage and Ms. Jessica was nothing less than spectacular. Her hair and bright lipstick pulled the entire look together. At first, I thought the necklace was a little much, but it has grown on me. I guess $5.8 million worth of bling will do that to ya! A Brad Goreski home run (sorry, Rachel).

via
via
Layering red, orange, coral, peach and pink in one room can look overdone, but these two are spot on.



Emily was in my top 2. The cut-outs of this Michael Kors takes this dress to the next level. And John on her arm was the perfect accessory too.

via
This is the lobby of the Tides Hotel in South Beach done by Kelly Wearstler. Warm, buttery yellow tones throughout the space with brass accents throughout. Too much?


If anyone can pull off this Miu Miu creation, it’s Kerry Washington. Loving her bangs too! While I personally wouldn't have chosen this hemline, it looks fantastic on her (and only her). 

via
A nude palette is generally soft and can range from white and crèmes to taupe and espresso shades. These colors tend to induce calm and relaxing feelings, making them perfect for a bedroom or bathroom.


And then there was Kate. She got some flack for what some called the 80's neckline and accused of channeling her mother in Overboard, but I gasped when I first layed eyes on her. Kate could wear a Snuggie and still be perfection.   

via
More brass please! Silver & black geometric wallpaper, gold, black, convex mirror, Robert Abbey brass with oyster linen shade accent lamps, asian, black, credenza, cabinet, buddha, statue, black, studded, leather chair. Fierce!

Who were your faves and worst dressed this year? There was lots of spray tanning and Angelina leg to go around. I was wishing to see some cobalt or sage green this year ... especially on Jessica Chastain who would have looked much better in one of these numbers.

Zac Posen

Guess I'll just have to wait for the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment