Saturday, March 23, 2013

woof.

It never fails. The one thing that people ALWAYS comment on when they come to our house is the profile art of our dog, Abby. It's hung at the end of our hallway and I love it. It was done by Allyson Hall of About Face StudiosShe does these modern silhouettes for dogs and humans alike. I purchased a silhouette by her at an art auction on a whim, and it was well worth it!  And a great gift idea, especially for dog lovers like me!










You provide a photograph of your child or dog and then she hand-cuts the silhouette from cardstock. (I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'm no expert.)  To personalize it even more, you get to pick the color of the silhouette. In my case, because Abby is a chocolate lab, so I chose brown. I brought in color by framing it in turquoise. (I actually bought a brown bamboo frame and spray painted it. More on that soon!)

That got me thinking about other ways to use dogs as wall art or decor. For example....



elements of style

eye for design

elements of style

fish too! (unknown)

decor to adore

glitter & goat cheese

lonny


house beautiful
pinterest

What about you? Would you have a photo (or photos) of your beloved pets on your walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment