Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wallpaper LOVE

My mom wallpapered several rooms in our house where we grew up - multiple times.  I still remember the day she let ME pick out new wallpaper for my room.  The decision!  I remember my favorite part of the paper (with lots of flowers) was the border … remember those?!?  While I’m not into borders anymore, I’m gaga over wallpaper right now.  I desperately want to use it in our house, so think I’m going to start small with the half bath.  But, there are so many (great) options out there, it just may be harder to decide now than it was 20-some years ago.  Did I mention that I have never wallpapered?  This could get ugly. And the walls have some texture to them (yuck) so that will be the first hurdle.  Thank goodness my mom has offered to help!  More to come!  In the meantime, here is what I’m considering…

Hinson Martinique Banana Leaf Wallpaper available at Holden & James.

Nate Berkus' dining room. Image via Elle Decor.

Indochine Restaurant, NYC. Image via IndochineNYC.com

The Beverly Hilton Hotel made this wallpaper iconic.

Nicky Hilton's dining room. That family must love this paper.
Image via InStyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment