Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Timberlake Tumble?

First, let me say that I am a HUGE fan of Justin Timberlake and have been since his N’ Sync days.  He is overly talented in many, many ways.  However, I think we have found one thing that JT cannot do well and that is create a home line. 

This makes Timberlake the latest celebrity to join the BeachMint empire, which includes Rachel Bilson (ShoeMint), the Olsens (StyleMint), Kate Bosworth (JewelMint), and Jessica Simpson (BeautyMint).

Good Lord. I’m overwhelmed already.

In partnership with interior decorator Estee Stanley, the two attempted to produce a wallet-friendly line of home goods only available online. Right off the bat, I was turned off by the monthly $10 fee which they say will buy you discounts and early access to products – but non-members can still shop the designs.  Unless I’m getting at minimum a 20% discount AND free shipping, I’m not interested in having another monthly fee. Additionally, the member prices are not "wallet-friendly" by my standards.

While, I admit, I have not seen any of these products in person, there seems to be a whole lot of ugly going on in the pillow line. The colors are … drab.  Nothing about them makes we think “I have to have those - immediately.”

Global Market Pillows
No, thank you. 

Belgian Stripes Pillow
 Not so much.

Nubby Silk Pillow
 Huh?


Bohemian Paisley
N.O.

Sooo, back the truck up, JT.  It seems you have tackled too much too fast and launched a line with little appeal. We’ll look forward to your next album instead.  Oh, and your wedding to Jessica.  She has unbelievable style, so you should be in better hands!

You can view the full collection at HomeMint.com.  Tell me, what do you think of Justin's line?

No comments:

Post a Comment