Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stay Grounded

Picking out area rugs is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of options that I adore. I guess I'm most afraid of not being as in love with it a few years down the road as I was when I decided on "the one." Such pressure!

Area rugs are a great way to set the mood in a space. I am spending a lot of time searching for the perfect area rug that has just the right design, colors and functionality. Many components go into selecting the exact rug you want:
  • Design or pattern
  • Colors
  • Texture and material to accommodate the amount of traffic on the rug
  • How to clean
  • Price to fit your budget

Should I be safe and choose a neutral or natural fiber rug?

Pottery Barn

Pinterest

Pinterest
Image unknown
Or go bold with lots of color and geometric patterns?

Madeline Weinrib


Jill Rosenwald


Genevieve Gorder

Serena & Lily
Or contemporary?

Martha Stewart


The Stockholm Rand rug from Ikea isn't something I would have considered off the rack, but it looks great in these interior decorators' masterpieces (IF you can find it in a store!):

Ikea


The City Sage Blog

Madeline Weinrib also has a similar rug to the Stockholm Rand, albeit at a higher price:

Or native, oriental or traditional?

Pinterest

Pinterest
Traditional Home
Oushak from Veranda
Lonny
What are your thoughts on the best rugs, and why?

Regardless of what rug I choose/you choose, it's good to remember to have fun creating your space and design it for you and your lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment